Post conference program
- 3 days in Paris
- – Friday April 20th Rendez-vous about 19H45 at Lyon Part-Dieu Railstation, get on TGV board. Lyon-Paris 02h00, dinner at leisure on board. 22H00 Transfer to your hotel, check-in and overnight.
- Morning general tour of Paris with the main monument of the “city of light”. Paris’ famous sights are living history. Included city sightseeing shows you magnificient Notre Dame Cathedrale, the commemorative Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Concorde, Champs Elysées, Luxembourg gardens, Seine quays…with the Eiffel tower, a structural miracle of its age. Lunch in St Germain des Près. Afternoon, visit of Orsay museum : Displayed on three levels, all the arts (painting, sculpture, architecture, objets d’art, furniture, cinema, photography, music, decoration of opera), are presented in the chronological order over the period going from 1848 to 1914. Time at leisure for shopping or walk. Dinner in Montmartre, full of street artists (painters, sculptors and poets) near Sacré Coeur, Moulin de la Galette and Tertre Place. Way back to your hotel after dinner.
- Experience Monet’s home in his beloved village of Giverny, where you will see the familiar Japanese bridge and water lily-covered pond that inspired his great works of art. Lunch in Versailles. Visit of Versailles where Louis XIV chose to relocate his palace. Visit the Hall of Mirrors and the royal apartments, and the gardens… Dinner show at Le Moulin Rouge, the most famous cabaret of the World. Since Henri de Toulouse Lautrec, at the beginning of the twentieth century, le Moulin Rouge is one of the legendary monuments of Paris. Way back to your hotel after dinner.
- Check-out after breakfast.
- 912 € (from 20 participants). Our prices are per person VAT included and include: TGV 2nd class, 2 lunches with drinks, 1 dinner with drinks and 1 dinner show with drinks ½ Champagne, transportation, entrance fees and english speaking guide according to programme. 2 nights in hotel 3*, basis on half double room, breakfast included.
- 3 days in French Alps, between lac and mountains
- – Saturday April 21st Departure Saturday morning at 08H00: Leave by motorway direct to Aix Les Bains, lying at the foot of Mont Revard, on the eastern shore of the Lac du Bourget, beloved place of Lamartine. The well known spa… is also one of the best –appointed tourist centres in the Alps, with lively streets, splendid palace hotels near the baths, and attractive lakes shores. Cruise to cross the Lake and visit of Abbey of Hautecombe, the resting place of the kings of Savoies until 1983. Cistercian monks set here since 12C, and remains of the original Grange Batelière have been restored perfectly. Way back to Aix for lunch and route to Annecy. Visit of Annecy, old town: the old part of town has been largely pedestrianised and renovated during the last few decades. Note the arcaded houses and Italian-style wells, its picturesque little streets, its arcaded houses, the quays on the old Thiou canal…and the XIIe century castle. Dinner and overnight. Riding on the alpine roads, in a pass between the Arly Valley and the Arve valley, nearby the Mont-Blanc, you will discover both famous and charming villages: Megève and St Gervais. Time at leisure in the most “chic” resort of the French Alps and lunch. On Plateau d’Assy, visit Notre Dame de Toutes Grâces Church, built between 1937 and 1945. The church is celebrated for its decoration, contributed by some of the best-known artists of the twentieth century Chagall, Braque, Matisse, Lurçat, Fernand Léger, Bonnard, Rouault… Arrive in Chamonix area in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight. On spot, the day before, you will have choice to book with your tour leader guide one of the main activities proposed by Chamonix resort, it could be: A 20 minutes ride in the Aiguille du Midi cable car takes you to the gateway to the high Alps at a height of 3,842 m. Its laid-out terraces offer a 360° view of all the French, Swiss and Italian Alps! The Montenvers rack railway reaches the bottom of the Mer de Glace (1,913 m), France’s largest glacier (7km long, 200 m thick). This historic site marked the start of Alpine tourism in the 19th century and offers a panoramic view of famous peaks such as Les Drus and Les Grandes Jorasses. The Mont Blanc tramway TMB reaches Bellevue (at 1,800m) through pastures and forests, and enables you to gradually reach the Nid d’Aigle (2,372m) at the bottom of the Bionnassay glacier. It is also first stage for mountaineers who start out on the ascension of Mont Blanc. Lunch in Chamonix. Time at leisure in the afternoon in Chamonix and transfer. End of our services at Geneva airport about 17H30, or Lyon airport (about 19h30), or Railstation Lyon Part Dieu (about 20H00).
- 673 € (from 20 participants). Our prices are per person VAT included and include: Grand Tourisme deluxe coach transportation according programme, english speaking guide, guide and driver’s expenses, 3 lunches with drinks, 2 dinners with drinks, entrance fees. 2 nights in hotel 3*, basis on half double room, breakfast included.
- 4 days in Provence and French Riviera
- – Saturday April 21st 08h00 departure to Orange. The Roman City of Orange was founded in about the year 35 B.C, Orange bears witness to the splendour of The Roman age in Provence. Visit the Triumphal Arch, situated on the route of Agrippa and dedicated to the glory of the veterans who founded the Roman Colony and visit the Roman Theatre, the best preserved “stone theatre” in the West of the Roman Empire which has been able to house audiences of more than 7000 spectators. Lunch in Fontaines de Vaucluse, and tour along the branches of the River Sorgue. Visit of Gordes: it’s pleasant to walk through this charming village along the calades -small paved alleyways. Not surprisingly, the village has been ranked as one of the most beautiful in France! Than route to Abbaye de Sénanque. The harmonious ensemble of buildings of Abbaye de Sénanque stands in an isolated site, set in a sea of lavender in the summer months. The foundation, in 1148, of Sénanque fits into the great Cictercian expansion of the 12C. Dinner and overnight in Avignon. Sightseeing tour of Avignon, with Palais des Papes, the biggest Gothic Palace, home of the Sovereign Pontiffs in the 14th century, and the legendary Pont d’Avignon. Then Châteauneuf du Pape, visit and wine tasting of this heady cru in a cellar of the famous castle. And Pont du Gard (Roman Aqueduct), one of the oldest and most remarkable Roman hydraulic works. Visit and lunch. Afternoon in the charming village of Baux de Provence. Dinner and overnight in Avignon. Cross the Alpilles and arrival in Marseille. City sightseeing with La Cannebière, the Old Port, Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica, la Corniche, the long sea promenade, the tiny fishing port Vallon des Auffres… Then Cassis, typical meridional village, mini cruise in the Calanques and lunch. Afternoon from Saint Raphaël to Cannes, excursion along the Esterel coast to discover villages such as l’ile d’Or, Agay, Cap Roux, Le Trayas, Miramar, Théoule, La Napoule well known thanks to different figures and artists. Dinner and overnight in Nice. Visit Nice and the most typical flower market. Then Saint Paul de Vence, fortified town which has kept its medieval appearance. It was ‘rediscovered” in the 1920s by painters such as Modigliani, Bonnard, Soutine…Others artists were to follow suit – sculptors, illustrators, writers, entertainers… lunch. Afternoon in Monaco, the tiny principality of charm and glamour: The Prince Palace, the Casino, the famous Hotel de Paris and ride on the rock. Late afternoon at leisure in Eze, isolated hamlet dominating the Riviera coastline. Way back to Nice and end of our services about 18h00 at Nice railstation, and 18h30 at Nice Cote d’Azur airport.
- 965 € (from 20 participants). Our prices are per person VAT included and include: Grand Tourisme deluxe coach transportation according programme, english speaking guide, guide and driver’s expenses, 4 lunches with drinks, 3 dinners with drinks, entrance fees. 3 nights in hotel 3*, basis on half double room, breakfast included.
- 1 day visit at CERN
– Saturday April 21st
— ONLY FOR WWW2012 & LWWC APPLIANTS —Come and learn about fundamental research and see inside the world’s largest particle physics laboratory. From the infinitely large to the infinitesimally small, come and discover the secrets of matter.
Depart from Lyon at 8.00 am. in front of the convention center
Back in Lyon at 18.00 pm.
Be careful, places are limited to 48!
Learn more about CERN…
If you want to participate, you have to send an email to email@example.com with at least these informations:
- registration number
- first name
- email address
- billing address
With support of
- – Saturday April 21st