Call for European projects track
At www2012 we are introducing a new "European Projects" track to highlight European Union funded research on the Web. The full-day track will consist of the following parts :
- Presentation of EU units funding Web related research, with highlighted projects. Each unit will be presented through (a) a state-of-the-art and vision statement by the unit representative, and (b) presentation of three successful projects and innovations funded through the unit. Units and projects will be selected based on overall relevance to the Web related research and projects funded by the units.
- Poster and spotlight sessions for EU funded projects. The goal is to present successful and high impact Web research EU funded projects through (a) a five minute spotlight presentation in the main track, and (b) poster plus demonstration in a separate session. There will be an open call for poster and demonstration presentations, all currently running EU projects are invited for submission. Accepted projects are expected to provide both poster and demo presentation.
Submission guideline :
Poster abstract submissions must be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings Template and are limited to four pages of text presenting the main goals and results of the EU funded project as well as a description of the system demonstration (best available online).
PDF submissions should be submitted through the EasyChair system. They should clearly motivate the demonstrated concepts, describe their technological innovation, explain what features / scenarios will be demonstrated, and state the significance of the contribution.
Submissions will follow the template available at :
and can be made at : http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wwweu2012..
Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates :
|Abstract submission deadline||12th of December 2011 (extended)|
|Acceptance notification||30th of January 2012|
|Camera-ready deadline||26th of February 2012|
Track chairs :
- Marko Grobelnik (chair)
- Manuel Tomas Carrasco Benitez (local deputy chair)
- Julien Masanes (deputy chair)
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates (deputy chair)
- Wolfgang Nejdl (deputy chair)